Speaker Troubleshooting on Hopin
Many of the issues can be easily solved if either Chrome or Firefox are being used as their browser.
- If default browser is set a different browser, any links they click will automatically open in that browser.
- Ensure they are copy/pasting both the access and backstage link into the same Chrome/ Firefox browsers.
- If upon clicking the links they land on page saying there are no available tickets on the right-hand side, it can be either:
- They are opening the backstage link in a different browser and so they are not being logged in correctly.
- When copy/pasting the links, they are missing characters from the link. Ask them to right click and select copy link to ensure they are not missing any parts of it.
- If the backstage is not loading and they get stuck on a screen with a spinning circle like below, it means they have a missing character on their backstage link. Resend the backstage link or ask to ensure they are copying the entire link.
Upon clicking Share Audio and Video, they cannot proceed as their camera and mic are not found:
- Ensure their browser has Camera and Mic access enabled for Hopin: click on the camera icon that appears in the address and select the Allow option (see print screens above).
- Ask if they are using a Windows or Mac computer. They may need to allow access from within the operating system settings.
- Access Security & Privacy (Command and space, then search Security) > Select Privacy tab > find Camera and Microphone settings > ensure Chrome/ Firefox is enabled
- Search in windows search bar for Camera Privacy Setting or Microphone Privacy Settings > scroll down to section Allow desktop apps to access your camera > ensure the toggle is ON and Chrome/ Firefox is in the list. If they don't find these settings and use a work laptop, they need to contact their IT department to enable access. Alternatively use a different laptop.
If their microphone is not working, we should ask them to use wired headphones. It may also be a case where they need to select the correct output source or enable permissions:
- In Hopin they can change the output when they share video/audio:
3. On Mac also, they may need to enable permissions from within they privacy permissions:
Access Security & Privacy (Command and space, then search Security) > Select Privacy tab > find Camera and Microphone settings > ensure Chrome/ Firefox is enabled:
3. On Windows, they can also toggle the output source if they go to their sound preferences (speaker icon). I don’t have a print screen, but should be easy accessible from the speaker icon bottom right corner.